~ Bursting with fresh strawberries and chocolate, just like strawberry sundaes! Plus protein from Greek yogurt – healthy, delicious, and really easy to make! ~
This Recipe Is: • Ready in 30 Minutes or Less (Plus Freezing) • Freezable • Make Ahead • Vegetarian • Gluten Free •
July 7th was National Strawberry Sundae Day. So, how did you celebrate? A parade with floats and a marching band? Fireworks? The construction of a strawberry sundae big enough to be recorded in The Guinness Book of World Records?
Don’t worry if you missed out on the celebration! Really – we’ve got all the celebration you need right here!
Because when we saw National Strawberry Sundae Day on the calendar, it sent us into quite a whirlwind of activity. After considering a whole host of strawberry sundae food ideas (yeah … strawberry sundae baked potatoes didn’t make the cut …), and after making five batches of strawberry sundae ice pops (our tiny taste-tester minions are loving us this week!), we finally settled on ice pops worthy of such a momentous occasion.
These are just the right balance of sweet but healthy, bursting with huge strawberry flavor and studded with little chocolate chips so you really get the sundae vibe. (Because, seriously, what self-respecting sundae doesn’t have some chocolate on it?)
Who doesn’t love a refreshing popsicle, especially on a meltingly hot summer day? If you read our recent post on making fruit kabobs, then you know we’re big fans of how food on a stick can inspire healthful munching. Ice pops take that to a whole new level – frozen food on a stick! Bonus!
Plus these are just so easy to make – and easy to pack with nutritious ingredients like fruit and yogurt. Double bonus!
How to Make These Strawberry Popsicles
1) Simply pour all of the ingredients (except the whole strawberries and chocolate chips) into a blender or food processor (we use our Ninja), and blend until smooth.
2) Add in your strawberries and blend again until the berries are the desired consistency. Most of our taste-testers loved small bits of real strawberry, but our littlest tester insisted perfectly smooth is much better. Let your own taste testers be your guide.
3) Turn your blender off and stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon or scraper.
4) Pour the delicious concoction into your ice pop molds (we use these molds). You should have about enough for 10 (3-ounce) popsicles.
5) Freeze until solid. The exact amount of time that will take depends on how cold you keep your freezer, and even which part of the freezer you put them in (and how cold it is there). Plan on at least 2 hours, though.
That’s it! Super quick and simple!
And such a wonderful summer treat – healthy enough to double as a refreshing dessert or a nutritious snack!
Warmest wishes to you and yours for a joyous National Strawberry Sundae Day!
- 3/4 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons 100% fruit strawberry jelly or jam
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 3-4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor (we use our Ninja), combine yogurt, jelly, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add strawberries and process until desired degree of smoothness is reached (we prefer some bits of whole strawberries).
- Turn blender off and mix in chocolate chips with a spoon or scraper just until evenly dispersed.
- Divide evenly between 10 (3-ounce) ice pop molds (we use these molds).
- Freeze until solid (the exact time depends on how cold you keep your freezer), then unmold and enjoy.
Once your pops are frozen, if you want to remove them from the molds (so, for example, you can use the molds to make more pops!), the best way to store your pops is individually wrapped in plastic, and then stored together in a large freezer bag.
- Norpro Frozen Ice Pop Maker
- Norpro Wooden Treat Sticks (100)
- Ninja Blender/Food Processor Set for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
As an Amazon Associates affiliate program member, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g