~ A bright, crisp four-pepper salsa with black beans and fresh cilantro. Quick, easy and awesome with chips! Perfect for parties or just everyday snacking – a snap to make ahead or serve immediately! ~
This Recipe Is: • Ready in 30 Minutes or Less • Make Ahead • Vegan (and Vegetarian) • Gluten Free •
Well, hello there, summer! The colors in this Rainbow Pepper Salsa are so bright and beautiful you’ll certainly be looking around for a pot of gold!
This will definitely draw a crowd – of both adults and kids! Seriously – my kids scarf this down faster than I can push them aside to get to the bowl myself! They LOOOOOVE it! The gorgeous colors, the fresh cilantro, the crunchy peppers, the creamy black beans – see what I mean?
When we were on a family vacation a couple of years ago, my sister-in-law made a super-fresh, super-crisp, super-amazing pepper salsa. There were about 15 of us that had packed up and headed to the beach for a week of fun in the sun. We all had a great time. (Except for a few run-ins with jellyfish! I think out of the 15 of us, over half got stung. No kidding! Talk about some bad luck!). Anyway, on the last day we all cooked a little something and had a smorgasbord. This salsa was the hit of the party!
I’ve made this so many times since then (yeah – a phenomenal way to get my girls to eat their veggies!), and it’s evolved along the way. I’ve added my own little twists with some lime juice and cilantro, and we love it even more than the original (which I didn’t think was possible!).
It’s just too easy – some quick chopping, a little squeeze of lime, then toss it all together in a bowl, and you’re done! How easy is that?
This salsa is delicious with tortilla chips. (We’re loving the Soy & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips at Trader Joe’s right now!) It’s also great simply as a side salad. I often just grab a fork and dig in, or even use it as a topping for an otherwise-boring green salad. And, if there happens to be any left over – which isn’t likely – it’s great on chicken, baked potatoes, fish … you get the idea.
One more reason to make this today – it’ll still taste awesome tomorrow! In fact, given a little time to sit, the flavors mellow and meld together perfectly. No time to prep right before the picnic or party? No problem! This keeps wonderfully in the refrigerator, so you can make it ahead when you’ve got the time!
- 4 chopped bell peppers - 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper and 1 orange pepper (to equal approximately 6 cups, chopped)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chopped bell peppers, black beans, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over bell pepper mixture and stir to combine.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate until serving (several hours or overnight).
- Serve with whole grain or baked tortilla chips, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g