Fish is iconic Lenten food.
From Friday night church fish fries … to freezer fish sticks, unassumingly tucked next to mac and cheese in a desperate attempt to keep the family happy on (yet another!) meatless Friday …
For about six weeks every spring, fish reigns supreme on Friday nights.
But poor fish … somehow its superstar power dims just a bit once Lent has passed. People stop racking their brains for fish recipes, and their mac and cheese sidles up next to meatloaf or sautéed chicken instead.
But why, friends? Why?!?
We’re definitely setting out to change all of that today!
Fish is versatile, lean and incredibly nutritious (any day, every day)! It can be rich and buttery, or mild and flaky … prepared with virtually any cooking method imaginable, or perfectly not-cooked-at-all (hello, sushi!).
So, as Lent winds down, we’re serving up a fresh dollop of inspiration to get you through … 33 to-die-for fish recipes from some of our favorite bloggers. Your family will breathe a sigh of relief when an entirely new fish creation greets them at the table this Friday night!
But when Lent is over, friends … don’t leave healthy, super-easy fish in the dust as you run back to meat-filled Friday nights! This fantastic line-up of fish recipes will keep you happily (healthfully!) serving up fish all year long!
Hey! What About the Salmon Recipes?
Psssst … notice anything missing? Yep, oh-observant-one! There’s no salmon here! We found so many crazy-good salmon recipes, that we decided to give salmon an entire round-up most of its own! So if you love salmon like we do, hop on over here for 25 eye-popping, tummy-grumbling salmon recipes!
1) One Skillet Tilapia in Burst Tomato Wine Broth from Courtney at Neighbor Food
2) Easy Tilapia with Cilantro and Lime from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
3) 5 Ingredient Veracruz-Style Baked White Fish from Liz at The Lemon Bowl
4) Grilled Tilapia with Corn Salsa from Karen at The Food Charlatan
5) Cod on Roasted Pepper and White Beans from Heather at Girlichef
6) Light & Tangy Tuna Wraps from Brittany at Brittany’s Pantry
7) Ancho-Garlic Fish Tacos with Citrus-Mint Cabbage Slaw from Faith at An Edible Mosaic
1) Crispy Fish with Lemon Dill Sauce from Erin at Dinners Dishes & Desserts
2) Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi Nuggets from Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food
3) Grilled Orange Soy Tuna Bites from Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
4) Macadamia Crusted Halibut from Ari at Ari’s Menu
5) Cod with Lemon and Olives from Sue at The View From Great Island
6) Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Peach and Pink Grapefruit Salsa from Kim at Kiss My Smoke
1) Caribbean Inspired Salted Cod from Nicole at Wonky Wonderful
2) Slow Cooker Coconut Milk Poached Fish Fillets from Donna at Apron Strings
3) Surimi Chirashi Sushi with Summer Vegetables from Kirsten at Farm Fresh Feasts
4) Greek Roasted Tilapia from Kelley at Miss Information
5) Cauliflower Rice Fish Taco Bowls from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
6) Simple Ginger Lime Mahi Mahi from Kelli at 3 Boys and a Dog
7) Tilapia en Papillote from Caroline at Taste Love & Nourish
1) Grilled Swordfish with Spicy Cherry Salsa from Kimberly at The Hungry Goddess
2) Swordfish with Charred Tomatoes and Herbs by Amy at Very Culinary
3) Mahi Mahi en Pappillote from Brandy at Nutmeg Nanny
4) Tilapia and Mango Salsa from Marion at Life Tastes Good
5) Grilled Fish in Foil with Paleo “Noodles” from Sabrina at The Tomato Tart
6) Thai Fish Cakes with Spicy Mayo from Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food
1) One Pan Moroccan Fish from Lexi at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
2) Chili Cilantro Tilapia from Tanya at Lemons for Lulu
3) Olive-Crusted Grouper from Angela at Seasonal & Savory
4) Chipotle Pistachio Crusted Tilapia from Katie at Clarks Condensed
5) Fish Baked in Parchment from Brittany at Brittany’s Pantry
6) Hoisin Sesame Swai with Hoisin-Roasted Radishes from Kirsten at Farm Fresh Feasts
7) Sweet and Spicy Swai Fillets with Citrus Salsa from Renee at Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Can’t get enough seafood? Wish you had more? Don’t forget to check out our 25 mouthwatering salmon recipes. Or try something new with these EASY Baked Swordfish Recipes. And be sure to visit our Pinterest board for even more inspiration!