~ A refreshing Pineapple Orange Smoothie that adds a tropical twist to the classic flavors of an Orange Creamsicle! Put your feet up and relax – it’ll turn any day into a vacation day. Plus, you can feel good about what you’re drinking … it’s loaded with fruit, protein, and Vitamin C – so delicious, so healthy! ~
This Recipe Is: • Ready in 30 Minutes or Less • Vegetarian • Gluten Free •
Time to Chill Out … This Smoothie Will Turn Any Day Into Summer Break!
Remember when you were a kid …
Was there a happier moment in your entire little life than when you stepped off that school bus on the last day of school, and walked into the promises of summer vacation?
All those sunshine-drenched vacation days stretching ahead of you, filled with wonderful things like playing at the pool and licking drippy, icy-cold Creamsicles!
Ahhhhhh … remember that feeling??? Yeah, that’s pretty much as good as it gets!
Wanna recapture that moment (at least a little), and maybe share it with your own kiddos, too?
With this Pineapple Orange Smoothie, you can slurp a little Creamsicle joy any time. No matter what time of year it is, and even if the sun isn’t shining.
The creamy, orange pineapple deliciousness of this smoothie is sure to add the joy of summer break into any day!
Why Smoothies Are So Great
Here at THK, we love smoothies for lots of reasons. They’re:
- full of nutrition
And they’re so totally portable! It’s easy to whip one up and pour it into cups as you dash out the door (which is pretty much the definition of summer … at least at my house).
Side note: If you love smoothies as much as we do, try some of our other favorites, like:
- A classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Our kid-approved Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Or, how about this amazing, healthy Shamrock Shake!
How We Dreamed Up This Dreamy Smoothie
When Shelley and I first talked about posting a smoothie recipe, we asked the kids to dream up their ideal flavors. (It was their summer break, after all.)
After many excited suggestions, my youngest requested an orange creamsicle smoothie.
Yummmmm – that sounded so refreshing! Well-played, littlest one, well-played.
Now we were just as excited as the kids!
So we started experimenting with ingredients … and when we added the pineapple, we realized we’d struck gold.
It still had that fabulous Orange Creamsicle taste we all know and love, but it was suddenly so much more!
My kids had to be the taste-testers for at least four different batches of smoothies – so sad for them, right?!? But, besides the occasional brain freeze, our efforts (and their dedicated sipping and slurping) all paid off.
This Orange Pineapple Smoothie recipe is a family-favorite keeper, and it still gets lots of requests all year ’round – our kids absolutely love it. And, as moms, we feel terrific about all the nutritious ingredients packed into each yummy sip.
Pineapple Orange Smoothie Nutrition
Even though this Orange Smoothie tastes like an indulgent treat, it has a lot going for it nutritionally.
• It’s got a full cup of pineapple which, along with the orange juice, adds tons of vitamin C (as well as lots of other vitamins and antioxidants).
• The Greek yogurt provides a great pop of protein.
• It’s so hydrating, especially with all the ice in addition to the juice – so it’s great after a long day of sun-warmed summer fun, or after a hard workout all year ’round.
• It’s got a wonderfully creamy-dreamy, rich texture. But, since we use nonfat Greek yogurt, our Orange Pineapple Smoothie is completely fat free.
Plus, it’s just so cool, so refreshing, so … full of happy, tropical, summery vibes!
Oh, wait …
You probably wanted a quick explanation on how to make this recipe, right? These are pretty much the easiest directions ever!
How to Make This Refreshing Smoothie (aka Easiest Directions EVER!)
1. Dump all the ingredients (except the optional orange slices) directly into your blender jar. (We usually use the biggest of our three Ninja pitchers from our favorite Ninja blender/food processor set.)
2. Then … just blend until smooth.
That’s it. So easy!
Oh, but don’t forget the most important final step:
3. Put your feet up, relax, and enjoy.
Ahhhhhhh … refreshing!
Even on a freezing-cold winter day, this is a taste of pure sunshine, pure tropical bliss.
Welcome to summer! (No matter what your calendar says. 😉 )
Tropical Pineapple Orange Smoothie
Add a tropical pineapple twist to the classic, beloved flavor of an orange creamsicle! These refreshing Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Smoothies are so delicious, so healthy (with lots of protein and nutritious fruit)!
• Ready in 30 Minutes or Less • Vegetarian • Gluten Free •
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (or an 8-ounce can) canned pineapple in juice, undrained (crushed, tidbits, chunks or rings)
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- orange slices (optional, for garnish)
- Put all ingredients except orange slices into blender.
- Blend until smooth. All ingredients should be well incorporated.
- Pour into glasses and garnish each with an orange slice, if desired.
As an Amazon Associates affiliate program member, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only, and may vary depending on your choice of ingredients or preparation. No guarantees are made regarding allergies or dietary needs. Always consult a physician or dietician for specific advice and questions.
35 thoughts on “Tropical Pineapple Orange Smoothie”
I love the combination. Looks wonderful together.
Oh my goodness – it TRULY is, Keira! The pineapple and orange smoothie combo is just so refreshing and delicious. Kiddos go crazy for it (and honestly, adults do, too lol)! 😉 ~Shelley
Hi! This is Neeraj. First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe — the smoothie is amazing, delicious, and yumm….!!
I will definitely try it at home….
Hi Neeraj! SO glad to hear you like the recipe — and hope you get the chance to try it soon! This is one of my favorite refreshing summer treats! ~Amy