Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/3-ingredient-chocolate-lava-dip/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Lava Dip
1 1/2 min.
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and coconut oil in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for approximately 1½ minutes (the exact timing can vary slightly depending on the power and wattage of your microwave).
- Stir until completely smooth and well-incorporated. (Do not microwave again, just use the heat from the chocolate to continue to melt the other chips.)
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, stir in remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and continue stirring until they're melted and the dip is smooth and thickened.
- Serve immediately as a warm molten lava dip, or allow to come to room temperature, and serve with fruit, graham crackers, or other dippers.
Make-ahead tips: This dip can easily be made even a day or two ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. If you'd like to serve it as a warm molten lava dip or a fondue, gently rewarm it in the microwave until it's the desired consistency. Be sure to check it and stir it very frequently so it doesn't scorch during reheating. If you aren't planning to reheat it and serve this dip hot, you'll still want to make sure it isn't too cold, straight out of the fridge, when you set it out at the picnic or buffet, as it's a bit too thick straight out of the refrigerator for easy dipping. It'll return to a perfect dipping consistency after sitting out for just a little while.