Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/easy-cheesy-5-ingredient-pizza-pasta-bake/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Easy, Cheesy 5-Ingredient Pizza Pasta Bake
- 12-14 ounces whole grain rotini pasta, uncooked (see note)
- 23.9-ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 4-5 ounces turkey pepperoni (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In an ungreased 9x13 baking pan, combine uncooked rotini, pasta sauce, water, 1½ cups mozzarella, and pepperoni, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
Whole grain rotini: Different brands of whole wheat pasta seem to be sold in widely varying amounts. We’ve tested this recipe with a range of pasta amounts, and recommend that you simply use the amount your favorite brand offers (anywhere between 12 and 14 ounces). Obviously, with 12 ounces of pasta, you’ll have proportionately a bit more sauce, and at 14 ounces of pasta, your final dish will be a bit more focused on the noodles.