When it comes to a perfect Thanksgiving dinner, we love a big, delicious feast as much as the next guy (or, well, the next gal …)
But we love two other things even more:
1) Spending time with our families, and
2) Having no regrets after that big, delicious meal!
Are you with us on this, friends???
If so, read on … because we’ve got
a bajillion 53 great side dish recipes that will help you do ALL of the above!
Yep – deliciously quick and easy Thanksgiving recipes that are healthier, too!
You’ll be out of the kitchen in a jiffy, with plenty of time to relax and enjoy your family …
You’ll have a gorgeous, bountiful feast to share …
And you’ll be thanking yourself when you realize how NOT-sorry you feel after a lavish (yet soooo much healthier!) Thanksgiving dinner!
In typical THK fashion, we scoured the ‘net and considered SO many great recipes … and we’re really happy to share some of our blogging buds’ best Thanksgiving side dish recipes that are THK-healthy, THK-easy … and also totally mouthwatering!
So, whether you need a last-minute Thanksgiving recipe to make right before you head to grandma’s house … or you’re in charge of making the entire feast on your own … we’ve got all the inspiration you need right here!
1) Lemony Green Beans from Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner
2) Green Bean Casserole from Scratch from Christine at Cook the Story
3) Roasted Green Beans with Balsamic-Browned Butter from Two Healthy Kitchens
Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas and Swiss Chard from Chantal at Vegetarian Gourmet (Update 2021: This recipe is no longer available. Instead, try the Balsamic-Glazed Chickpeas and Mustard Greens from Susan at Fatfree Vegan Kitchen or the Garbanzo Beans and Greens from Cooking Light.)
5) Toasted Coconut Green Beans from Lisa at Wine and Glue
6) Charred Green Beans with Garlic and Pomegranate Seeds from Davida at The Healthy Maven
7) Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon and Goat Cheese from Gina at Running to the Kitchen
1) Roasted Marsala Carrots from Trish at Mom on Timeout
2) Maple Glazed Carrots with Bacon from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
3) Easy Glazed Carrots from Jen at Yummy Healthy Easy
4) Carrot and Roasted Almond Salad from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
5) Bourbon & Honey Glazed Carrots from Gina at So … Let’s Hang Out
Cheesy Scalloped Carrots from Kate at i Heart Eating (Update 2021: This recipe is no longer available. Instead, try the Carrot Parsnip Gratin from Eating Well.)
7) Cumin Sautéed Carrots from Kelly at Tasting Page
8) Sautéed Carrots from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Ombré Citrus and Thyme Roasted Carrot Skewers from Meg at Beard & Bonnet (Update 2021: This recipe is no longer available. Instead, try the Roasted Citrus Thyme Ombré Carrots from Jennifer at See & Savour or the Roasted Beet, Carrot and Scallion Skewers with Tarragon from Food & Wine.)
10) Harvest Maple Carrots and Apples from Jane at The Heritage Cook
11) Simple & Sweet Honey Roasted Carrots from Krista at Joyful Healthy Eats
1) Kale Chopped Salad with Berries and Freekeh (or Quinoa) from Two Healthy Kitchens
2) Quinoa with Pecans and Raisins from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
3) Stuffins from Jocelyn at Inside Bru Crew Life
4) Persian Jeweled Rice from Sue at The View From Great Island
5) Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries from Anne at Fannetastic Food
6) Ants on a Log Stuffing from Amy at Amy’s Healthy Baking
1) Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Carla at Chocolate Moosey
2) Parmesan Roasted Broccoli from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
3) Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad from Tracey at The Kitchen is My Playground
4) Lemon Parmesan Broccoli from Julia at A Cedar Spoon
5) Maple, Balsamic, and Bacon Brussels Sprouts from Kate at i Heart Eating
6) Roasted Brussels Sprouts on The Stalk from Valerie at Mama Likes to Cook
1) Zucchini Tomato Gratin from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
2) Sautéed Zucchini with Walnuts from Kristin at Dizzy Busy and Hungry
3) Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Miriam at Overtime Cook
4) Salad with Goat Cheese, Pears, Candied Pecans and Maple-Balsamic Dressing from Two Healthy Kitchens
5) Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
6) Salad with Nuts, Feta and Cranberries (Two Ways!) from Two Healthy Kitchens
7) Collard Greens from Nancy at The Bitter Side of Sweet
8) Honey & Maple Roasted Parsnips from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
9) Sweet Potato and Leeks with Honey from Sandi at Fearless Dining
1) Roasted Kabocha Squash with Pomegranate and Tahini from Autumn at Autumn Makes & Does
2) Acorn Squash with Rosemary and Walnuts from Erin at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
3) Butternut Squash and Spelt Salad with Goat Cheese and Toasted Almonds from Liz at The Lemon Bowl
4) Butternut Squash with Maple from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
5) Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic and Rosemary from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
6) Roasted Pumpkin with Maple Syrup and Apples from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
7) Butternut Squash Puree with Honey and Smoked Paprika from Liz at The Lemon Bowl
8) Apple and Nut Stuffed Acorn Squash from Brandy at Nutmeg Nanny
1) Apple Cranberry Sauce with Orange & Ginger from Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor
2) Hearty Fruit and Nut Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing from Two Healthy Kitchens
3) Healthier Sautéed Apples from Erin at Texanerin Baking
4) Cardamom Apple-Pearsauce from Lisa at Snappy Gourmet
5) Cranberry Mango Salsa from Valerie at Mama Likes to Cook
6) Honey Sweetened Orange Cranberry Sauce from Erin at Texanerin Baking
More Thanksgiving Recipes We LOVE! (Update 2021)
Want even MORE deliciously inspiring Thanksgiving recipes?
In the years since we first published this list of 53 terrific recipes, we’ve added several more of our own healthy, easy Thanksgiving side dish recipes to our blog. You’ve definitely gotta give these a try, too!
(And … ahem … yes, technically, this now brings our list total from 53 up to 64. But who’s counting?!? 😉 )
Oh – and BTW – if you’re looking specifically for Instant Pot Thanksgiving Recipes, we’ve got a special collection devoted just to those! The Instant Pot wasn’t even really “a thing” when we first wrote this post, but now it seems like everybody’s got one (we sure do love our 6 quart Instant Pot DUO60!) – so we created a whoooooole list of Thanksgiving ideas, just for you Instant Pot lovers!
We’ve also put together an eye-popping collection of gorgeous Thanksgiving vegetarian main dishes that you might enjoy if you or someone dear to you is a vegetarian (and tired of settling for a Thanksgiving dinner cobbled together from a few meatless side dishes). Bonus: most of the recipes in the collection double perfectly as side dishes for vegetarians to share with their meat-loving tablemates. Everybody wins!
Wishing you a happy (and healthy!) Thanksgiving!