Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/3-ingredient-chocolate-covered-strawberry-frozen-greek-yogurt-bites/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
3-Ingredient “Chocolate-Covered Strawberry” Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites
5 min. (plus freezing)
- 1/2 cup nonfat blended strawberry Greek yogurt (not fruit on the bottom yogurt)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons 100% fruit seedless strawberry jelly
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and jelly.
- Chop chocolate chips and add them to the yogurt mixture, stirring thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into molds, or dollop from a spoon onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. If using molds, tap gently on counter so the yogurt levels smoothly.
- Add "popsicle sticks" if desired (see note).
- Freeze until solid. Unmold or peel from parchment immediately after removing from freezer, while still thoroughly frozen.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer tightly wrapped or packaged in airtight containers.
"Popsicle sticks": As we mentioned in the text of this post, there are lots of fun options for sticks. We loved using colorful paper straws, cut into thirds. For the size of our molds, colored toothpicks also worked well. Be creative!
Molds: As mentioned in the post, we found that flexible molds work much better for this recipe than hard plastic candy molds. Have fun trying different sizes and shapes, based on the holiday or your party theme (or whatever mold shapes you just happen to have on hand). Also, don't forget that you don't even need a mold to make these at all. Simply follow our directions for spooning them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to make quick and easy frozen yogurt dots!
Make ahead tips and storage: For longer storage, we recommend unmolding these yogurt bites (or peeling them off of the parchment if you aren't using molds), and storing them in an airtight container or freezer storage bag.