Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/waffle-sundae-bar-for-brunch-dessert-or-brinner/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Waffle Sundae Bar (for Brunch, Dessert or "Brinner"!)
varies, depending on toppings
varies, depending on waffle recipe
- Any whole grain or whole wheat waffle batter, such as our own Mom's Best Whole Wheat Waffles
- Natural peanut butter, almond butter, or other nut butters
- 100% fruit jelly or jam (use your favorite flavors)
- Reduced-fat cream cheese
- Nonfat Greek yogurt (vanilla, strawberry, or your favorite flavor)
- Reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt (for dessert waffles)
- Fresh fruit such as: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches or nectarines, cherries, and kiwi
- Dried fruit such as: raisins, chopped dates, pineapple, cranberries, and cherries
DRIZZLE and SAUCE OPTIONS
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced or slivered almonds, chopped pecans or walnuts, or crushed peanuts
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Prepare waffle batter according to recipe directions (our directions for Mom’s Best Whole Wheat Waffles are here), and cook waffles according to the directions for your waffle iron. (See note.)
- Set out a selection of spreads, toppings, drizzles, and sprinkles.
- Serve waffles, allowing everyone to top their waffles however they choose.
Waffle batter: For family brunch buffets and holiday breakfasts, you may choose to simply set the prepared batter out, next to the waffle iron, and allow people to cook their own waffles whenever they're ready to eat (rather than having to make each waffle to order). Our Mom's Best Whole Wheat Waffle batter works just fine if left to stand for a while prior to cooking, and can even be made a little ahead and refrigerated until needed later in the morning – so it'll be ready when your family or guests are hungry.