Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/10-minute-almond-joy-oatmeal/
© 2014 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
10-Minute Almond Joy Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, optional, for serving
- Bring the milk and water to a boil in a saucepan that’s large enough to prevent boil-overs. (While your milk and water heat up, gather your other ingredients and have them ready, because the rest of the cooking goes very quickly.)
- Once the liquids boil, reduce the heat to low. Add the oats and then stir in all other ingredients except optional chocolate chips.
- Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes as you're adding the ingredients, until oats are done and oatmeal is thickened to your liking. (If you're not quick about adding the ingredients, you can turn the stove off as you add the final items so that your oatmeal doesn't get too thick, or you can add just a little more milk to thin the consistency to your liking.)
- Serve with about ½ teaspoon chocolate chips sprinkled on top of each serving, if desired.