~ This delicious Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap comes together in just minutes! Warm, fluffy eggs combine with luxurious smoked salmon, velvety cream cheese, and bright, fresh veggies in this super-fast breakfast wrap that’ll have you out the door in no time flat. Full of protein, fiber and veggies, it’s absolutely delicious and also nutritious enough to keep you powered up all morning long! ~
This Recipe Is: • Ready in 30 Minutes or Less •
* (Our little disclaimer …) We partnered with Flatout for this sponsored post, as part of their #FlatoutIsMyCanvas campaign, but all opinions are entirely our own. Thanks for supporting brands that support Two Healthy Kitchens and our mission of healthy eating! *
If I was extravagantly wealthy and, of course, had a butler named Jeeves (because that’s what all clichéd butlers are named, right?), well then … I’d have Jeeves bring me smoked salmon for breakfast. A lot.
Because somehow smoked salmon just feels extravagantly luxurious.
Like the sort of thing a butler named Jeeves ought to show up with each morning, as he throws open your heavy bedroom curtains to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows gazing upon a lush tropical landscape.
Of course, I have no Jeeves.
In fact, come to think of it, I am probably the closest thing to a Jeeves that my family’s got. Somehow, most of the duties of “butler” are neatly tucked under the job description of “mom.” (Idle musing … is a mom/butler called a mutler?)
But I truly love being a mom, and honestly, a real-life Jeeves would leave me with nothing much to do anyway. So guess what … I make my own smoked salmon breakfast (as I gaze out at my Ohio landscape, which is often snow-covered and gray and not one bit tropical).
And actually, I am deliriously happy. Who needs a Jeeves, anyway!?! Turns out … not me!
Or you … because, since this Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap is so quick and easy, you can whip it up any ol’ time! Whenever you need a luxurious breakfast that’ll also fuel you up for your busy, no-Jeeves-to-help days.
Great Nutrition in this Easy Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap
I mean, seriously … look what we’ve got going on here:
- Loads of terrific protein from the smoked salmon, the eggs, and even the cream cheese
- Veggies galore … crisp superfood spinach, juicy tomatoes, and a sprinkling of green onions
- A big hit of fiber (and – surprise! – another wallop of protein) from the Flatout wrap
And let’s talk about Flatouts for just a moment more. You know we love ’em here at my house, and always have pack after pack stashed in the breadbox and the freezer (yeah – they freeze great!). But our love for Flatouts just got a stamp of approval, a big ‘ol attaboy, from one of the premier weight-loss and healthy eating companies out there … Weight Watchers!
Yep … Flatout Flatbread is now endorsed by Weight Watchers! Why? Because Flatouts are BIG on flavor with no added sugar, while also being a terrific source of protein and fiber. But then, we already knew that! It’s absolutely why we’re constantly subbing them into recipes instead of other types of wraps and bread … and even nacho chips!
And even if you’re not following a Weight Watchers program, I feel like it’s just so reassuring to know that an industry leader in nutrition and weight management sees my beloved Flatouts as being a perfect fit for a healthy lifestyle focused on lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables, and less sugar and saturated fat. Always nice to know you’re on the right track, isn’t it?
Super Fast, Super Easy (Ahem … With or Without the Capers)
And you know what else? (Easy-peasy alert for those living in a Jeeves-free home!)
The only cooking you have to do at all is the quick scrambling of a couple eggs. Which is actually a great thing, because those warm, fluffy eggs are a fantastic counterpoint to the soft schmear of cream cheese and the cool, briny richness of the smoked salmon.
Get those eggs scrambled, layer it all together, and you’re done!
And it’s those layers of ingredients that really come together to make this breakfast wrap a symphony of delicious textures, temperatures and flavors.
One note on the capers, though. See them lurking seductively on top of all those lovely layers, hanging out with that pretty sprinkling of green onions?
Well, as I’ve told you before, Scott just can’t make himself like olives, no matter how hard he tries, and as far as he’s concerned, capers and olives are pretty much kissing cousins. So I’ve learned to make capers an entirely optional part of life. It’s ok – I get it. Capers aren’t for everyone (even though they’re definitely for me!). And if you don’t happen to have a little jar of capers tucked in the fridge, leaving them out will save you a couple of bucks at the store. I think they’re a terrific addition in this particular smoked salmon breakfast recipe, but really, it’s totally up to you … I promise I’ll forgive you for leaving them out.
So there you have it. In just minutes, breakfast is served! And you’re out the door, powered up for your busy morning …
… and feeling just a little bit luxuriously indulgent, like someone who maybe has a Jeeves hanging helpfully around the house to serve up fancy smoked salmon breakfast recipes whenever the whim might strike. Hey, hey! Lucky you!
P.S. My pal Jeeves has sparked quite the debate around our house as I was writing this post. Scott says he would never have a butler named Jeeves – that would be totally uncool. He’d just call him J. And Amy says that her generation would probably go for something more chill like Chris … but I guess they’re both stuck calling their butler Shelley. 😉
No Jeeves to Make Your Breakfast? Try These Other Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes …
- 10-Minute Almond Joy Oatmeal from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Breakfast Egg Wrap with Bacon, Mushrooms & Tomato from Dara at Cookin’ Canuck
- Chicken-Apple Sausage Breakfast Burritos (Freezable Make-Ahead!) from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Mediterranean Feta Egg Wraps from Kate at Our Best Bites
- Mini Crustless Quiche Cups with Sausage and Cheese from Two Healthy Kitchens
Drop Us a Line … and Let’s Connect!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment …
- Subscribe to our newsletter for bonus, insider info (there’s a handy box at the upper right corner of our page). As a thank-you, we’ll even send you a free ebook loaded with recipes! Yay!
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Check out our awesome recipe boards on Pinterest.
Easy Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap
- cooking spray (if needed, for making eggs)
- 2 eggs
- 1/16 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/32 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Flatout flatbread (we like Light Original or Soft 100% Whole Wheat for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 5 thin slices tomato
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, scramble eggs until just set and fluffy, seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside briefly, keeping eggs warm.
- Lay Flatout flatbread on work surface and spread with cream cheese, leaving a thin outer border not coated in cream cheese.
- Top with spinach, tomato, reserved scrambled egg, smoked salmon, green onions, and capers (if using). Layer each of these ingredients by spreading them down the middle of the flatbread, lengthwise (as shown in the photos in this post), not placing them too close to the sides of the flatbread.
- Fold in the cream-cheese slathered long sides of the flatbread so they overlap in the middle to enclose the filling, securing with toothpicks if needed.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
by Two Healthy Kitchens