~ These gluten-free Mini Crustless Quiche Cups take just minutes to prep, and bake up in no time! A delicious, easy weekend brunch! Even better … they refrigerate and freeze beautifully, so they’re a perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe for busy mornings, too! (Hint: make a double batch!) ~
This Recipe Is: • Ready in 30 Minutes or Less • Freezable • Make Ahead • Gluten Free •
Seems like everybody loves throwbacks these days … TBT on Facebook, a (frightening!) array of “new” fashions that remind me a bit too much of the 80s, and a whole ‘nother generation that just discovered how hilarious Friends was!
What’s old is new again … and everybody loves it more than ever! Ahhhhhh … the beauty of a good throwback!
I’m kind of having my own personal throwback moment with these cute little Crustless Quiche Cups, for a couple of reasons.
First, because these photos are all ones that Gretchen took, back in December when she was still my partner-in-crime here at THK. We had such fun together that day, and I love the photos she captured. Makes me so happy, going through them again as I get this post ready to share with you.
I know, I know … just a few months probably isn’t technically enough for a full-on throwback moment, but it already feels like forever ago that Gretchen and I did this shoot together! (Miss you, G!)
But these also are really and truly a more deeply rooted throwback, because I actually came up with this recipe for Mini Crustless Quiches several years ago.
We love them, every time I make them, but for some reason it’s taken me until now to actually share them with you! (I’m just hoping that you’re already so in love with them, that you’ve completely forgotten all about being angry with me for holding out on you!)
I dredged back through my recipe database, and apparently these were originally inspired by a recipe I saw in Rachael Ray Every Day for “Use Your Noodle Mini Frittatas” (which involve mozzarella, tomatoes and leftover spaghetti). Somehow her recipe for little, personal pasta frittatas turned into these mini breakfast quiches … not sure what crazy path my mind travelled on to make that leap, but I’m glad it did, because these are fabulous!
With just a few ingredients, you can whip them up in minutes, then sit back and relax while they (briefly!) bake. Serve them with some pretty fresh fruit, and you’ve got a wonderful weekend brunch in no time at all!
Even better, they refrigerate and freeze exceptionally well – it’s a great idea to make extras on the weekend, so you’re armed and ready for busy weekday mornings!
And for such a simple recipe, they’re surprisingly satisfying!
Just a bit of reduced-fat cheese and turkey sausage add great flavor without being too heavy.
Mmmmmmm … I’m already dreaming of so many other delicious little spins on this recipe … so many flavor combinations that would be really delicious and still so easy!
Stay tuned … (Although with all the other recipes already lined up for me to share with you, I can’t really promise that the next egg cup recipe will make it your way before it’s old enough to be labeled a “throwback,” too!)
Good problem to have, I guess! We’ll just embrace the throwback … 😉
More Deliciously Healthy Breakfast Recipes …
- Stuffed French Toast Breakfast Casserole with Strawberries and Cream Topping from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Mushroom and Artichoke Gruyere Crustless Quiche from Lauren at Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Farmers’ Market Overnight Breakfast Egg Casserole from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Butternut Squash Egg Cups from Sandi at Fearless Dining
- Huevos Rancheros Mexican Breakfast Pizza from Two Healthy Kitchens
Drop Us a Line … and Let’s Connect!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment …
- Subscribe to our newsletter for bonus, insider info (there’s a handy box at the upper right corner of our page). As a thank-you, we’ll even send you a free ebook loaded with recipes! Yay!
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Check out our awesome recipe boards on Pinterest.
Mini Crustless Quiche Cups with Sausage and Cheese
- 8 eggs
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 links (about .8 ounces each) precooked turkey breakfast sausage, each cut into 16 thin slices
- 2/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- finely chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thoroughly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, onion powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Place 5-6 slices of sausage in the bottom of each muffin cup and divide cheese evenly among the 12 cups.
- Pour egg mixture on top of sausage and cheese, dividing evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until egg is set and the tops are just lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired (or see notes for refrigerating or freezing as a make-ahead).
by Two Healthy Kitchens
Make-ahead tips: These Crustless Quiche Cups refrigerate and freeze (tightly wrapped) surprisingly well, so they're a great make-ahead breakfast option. To reheat from refrigerated, our microwave needed only about 18-20 second on full power to perfectly reheat 1 quiche cup. If reheating from frozen, microwaving on 50% power yields slightly better results. For our microwave, we reheated at 50% power for 80-90 seconds for 1 egg cup.