Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/shamrock-veggie-skewers/
© 2016 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
5-15 min. (varies depending on quantity)
- Assorted green vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces (broccoli, zucchini, cucumber, sugar snap peas, snow peas, green peppers)
- Green peppers (for making shamrocks)
- Dip (we recommend our green Edamame Hummus)
- Thread assorted green veggies onto wooden skewers, leaving enough room at the top to finish each with a shamrock-shaped pepper.
- To make the shamrock peppers for the top of each skewer, you have two options, as shown in the photos in our post: (1) Cut your green peppers into large planks and use a sharp (preferably metal) shamrock-shaped cookie cutter to cut shamrocks out of the green peppers. The cutter we used was about 1¾". (2) Or, use small green peppers, and cut them with a sharp knife horizontally into "rings." The shape of the pepper rings should look a bit like a shamrock. If you'd like, as you thread these on your skewers, you can add thin slices of green pepper underneath them as "stems."
- Thread one shamrock pepper onto the top of each vegetable skewer to finish.
- Serve with hummus or reduced-fat vegetable dip. (For a perfectly green dip, we recommend our Edamame Hummus.)
Make-ahead tips: You can pre-wash and cut your veggies a few hours or up to a day or two in advance, storing them in separate containers in the refrigerator. You can also completely assemble your veggie kabobs a few hours in advance, laying them on a platter and wrapping or covering them and then refrigerating until serving.