~ These Pumpkin Pie Spiced Candied Pecans come together in a snap and are delicious and healthy! Perfect for a quick snack, as an appetizer, and also a thoughtful gift! ~
You know how there are certain foods that are so good you just want to keep eating them?
These candied nuts are that food. Completely irresistible.
Mmmmm … pecans that are sweetly spiced with just a hint of warm cinnamon and pumpkin pie spices.
Every time you walk past, you can’t help but grab a little (or a big!) nibble … you just can’t stop yourself! I speak from experience.
These Pumpkin Pie Spiced Candied Pecans will be your new best friend. You’ll start dreaming of them. Wishing you had some with you during that afternoon meeting. Needing some for that marathon of grocery shopping and errand running.
Oh yes. These really are that snack.
And as an added bonus … these candied pecans are healthy, too!
Plus, these babies literally have only 5 minutes of hands-on time. (And I think we all have 5 minutes to make a healthy snack.)
Because these are a such a total snap to make, I’ve made a whole lotta batches of them over the past several weeks. And there is not one pecan piece left. Not one. Not anywhere.
As soon as I make some, they start disappearing off the tray. And by the time I get them into a cute little dish on the counter … well, actually, I usually don’t even bother with the cute dish. I mean, really … what’s the point?? It’s just a formality.
Yep … these pecans are that snack.
In fact, Shelley called me after I dropped off some samples for her try … she needed the recipe because she just had to make more of them. They’re just so good. Sooooo good.
You’ll seriously be going nuts for nuts. (Did ya see what I did there?!?)
Take ’em along on Thanksgiving and set them out as a munchie before the big meal … you know we love appetizers!
How cute are they in a little jar with ribbon and a “Happy Holidays” message?!? (Remember, though: the trick with these nuts and cute jars or bowls is that you have to actually get the nuts into the jars and bowls before you eat them all. It’s tough, but I know you can do it! Just make a double batch!)
Remember when I said these addictively nibble-able candied nuts only take 5 minutes? You’ve got 5 minutes to make a gift, right?
Teachers, hostesses, your hair stylist, your neighbors … totally perfect for pretty much everyone!
And you’ll be doing all of those people you really care about a serious favor! Pecans are among the most antioxidant-rich nuts, and they can also help reduce bad cholesterol! How’s that for a gift??
Our first recipe for candied pecans is SO incredibly popular (and also perfect for gifts!), so we know you’ll love these, too!
While our original candied pecan recipe calls for simply air-drying the pecans, these require just a tad more drying time. No worries! A quick trip through the oven quickly creates the perfect candied coating! Personally, I’ve always loved the oven method myself, anyway, because it’s the way my mom always made candied nuts. And with this recipe, they’re ready to eat just a tad sooner! (Because, trust me, you won’t be able to wait). Mmmmm …..
You’re welcome. In advance. 🙂
Wishing you the happiest of holidays!
Looking for More Nut Recipes That Are Prefect for Appetizers, Snacks and Gift-Giving? Check Out:
- Honey Mustard Roasted Cashews from Erin at The Law Student’s Wife
- Easy Candied Pecans (Just 5 Minutes and 4 Ingredients!) from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Roasted Almonds with Smoked Paprika & Rosemary from Dara at Cookin’ Canuck
- The Best Slow Cooker Spiced Cashews from Ginny at Vegan in the Freezer
- Coconut & Lime Roasted Almonds from Sharon at The Honour System
We’d Love to Hear From You!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. Email addresses are never published, and last names are optional. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment … you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our awesome recipe boards on Pinterest. You can also be the first to know about our latest posts by simply entering your email in the box at the top right corner of our page!
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to combine (don’t worry that the sugar and salt won’t be completely dissolved). Set this at-the-ready, next to your stove, as this recipe goes really quickly.
- In a medium-large saucepan over medium heat, toast pecans for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When you begin to smell a lovely, nutty aroma, they’re done.
- Quickly drizzle the sugar mixture into the pan, on top of the pecans, stirring the nuts as you drizzle. Stir constantly for about 15 seconds, until the pecans are thoroughly coated in the sugar mixture. Immediately remove from heat so they don’t burn.
- Spread the pecans on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, you can break the nuts apart, if needed.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.