~ Our incredibly simple, 4-ingredient fudge takes just 5 minutes to prep! This melt-in-your-mouth, creamy fudge also has no butter, and you don’t have to dump in loads of extra sugar or sweetened condensed milk (like with so many traditional recipes)! Deeply, darkly chocolaty with just an alluring little hint of coconut flavor, it’s the perfect recipe to share on Valentine’s Day with friends and loved ones … all the yumminess with none of the guilt! ~
Forrest Gump’s momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
But while we might not always see the curveballs life throws our way, we can control what kind of chocolate we eat!
And with the day of lllooooovvvveeee just around the corner … what better time to have chocolate?!?
Did you know that over 13 BILLION dollars (holy cow!) are spent every year on Valentine’s Day? So true! And … nearly half of the gifts given are candy. Chocolate candy. Boxes and boxes (and boxes!) of chocolate.
And then what do people do with those boxes of chocolate candy? Uh-huh. We’ve all done this, haven’t we? We sit and stare into those festively decorated boxes, pondering which chocolate holds our favorite filling. Hmmmmm … is it the lumpy one … or that smooth rectangle of dark chocolate decadence? So hard to know!
Let’s be honest … wouldn’t it be just the absolute best if your sweetie gave you chocolate that you’d actually love every bite of? Oh! And then you also gave that honey-bunch-of-yours fabulous chocolate that they love, too?! No pondering required … just all awesomeness! Wonderful chocolate for everyone! Yay!!
But hold up. It could be boxes of fudge, not boxes of chocolate candies. Ten thousand times better! Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth, bite-sized pieces of pure yum. Fudge that’s deeply, darkly chocolaty with just an intriguing little hint of coconut flavor. So, so lavishly decadent!
And what if I told you it’s a homemade fudge only takes five minutes to prep? And it’s a crazy-easy recipe that only has four ingredients? (If that doesn’t scream LOVE, then I don’t know what does!)
Yes! My Valentine’s Day gift to you, dear THK reader, is a fabulously delicious, amazingly simple fudge recipe!
And no guilt.
There’s no butter, and no added sugar dumped in. I used to make fudge with seriously large amounts of butter, plus a whopping hit of sugary sweetened condensed milk. But after creating this recipe, I realize that I never actually needed all that extra butter and sugar to make awesome fudge. Nope! This is insanely awesome, and so much less naughty!
Are you loving fudge even more than you were five seconds ago? Mmmmhmmm … thought so.
True story. I had given Shelley some fudge to taste-test. She texted me later that night …
“Curse you, temptress creator of fudge! We can’t stop eating it!”
(Even though she cursed me, I took it as a compliment … her family was loving it!)
Another true story from a couple days later …
“Hey – got anymore of that fudge?”
She wanted more.
And because it’s sooooo totally simple to make, I was more than happy to share my stash, because I know how quick it is to just whip up some more!
And it made my friend really happy. Love that.
It’s seriously the most perfect recipe ever. It’s the right one for your Valentine, and for your bestie. It’s the right recipe for a teacher, or for your neighbor. It lets them know that you care. It lets them know they hold a little piece of your heart.
Perfect to share on Valentine’s Day.
Or … any ol’ day.
Looking for more ways to tell people you care? How about these other great healthy Valentine’s Day dessert ideas …
- Surprisingly Decadent Brownies (Healthy, Whole Wheat & One Bowl!) … with Valentine’s Day Ideas! from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Cherry Almond Smoothie from Cindy at Pick Fresh Foods
- 3-Ingredient “Chocolate-Covered Strawberry” Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Healthy Brownie Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Parfaits from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
- Mint Chocolate Chip Dessert Bars from Kiersten at Oh My Veggies
We’d Love to Hear From You!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. Email addresses are never published, and last names are optional. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment … you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our awesome recipe boards on Pinterest. You can also be the first to know about our latest posts by simply entering your email in the box at the top right corner of our page!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Place chocolate chips, evaporated milk and coconut oil in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for approximately 1½ minutes (the exact timing can vary slightly depending on the power and wattage of your microwave).
- Stir until completely smooth and well-incorporated. (Do not microwave again, just use the heat from the chocolate to continue to melt the other chips.)
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, stir in coconut flakes.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 8x8 pan. Tap or gently shake pan to level the mixture. It will not be completely smooth on the top due to the coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate until solid.