~ Just in time for the Super Bowl! You’re gonna loooooove these! So easy, starting with your slow cooker! These buffalo chicken nachos are a serious crowd pleaser – and the perfect appetizer recipe for game day parties! ~
It’s almost the snackiest snack day of the year! Whoop! Whoop!
Super Bowl XLIX is just a few days away … and our tummies are already rumbling!
Regardless of who you’re cheering for, or where you stand on Deflategate, we know there’s one thing everyone can 100% agree on … yummmmmy snacks!
It’s one of only two days where it’s perfectly acceptable to eat snack foods as a meal. (New Year’s Eve is the other, of course!) And we couldn’t be more excited! We love appetizers and dips and finger foods!
There’s always a smorgasbord of goodies … but most of the snacks your friends show up with on Super Bowl Sunday probably aren’t all that healthy. (*Gasp*)
Yeah. We said it.
You deserve the truth. And since we’re all friends, we need to be truthful.
But … you don’t have to feel guilty about munching! Nope! Not one bit!
You can make a real showstopper (maybe even more than Katy Perry herself!).
We’re talking buffalo chicken nachos!
For one quick second, let’s just imagine how Super Bowl Sunday could be …
You spend very little time in the kitchen. The scrumptious buffalo chicken cooks itself in the slow cooker … ahhh … love that. You have time for a run, a manicure, a relaxing hot soak … really whatever you want to do before your guests arrive. It’s awesome.
Then, after your entirely enjoyable day, you simply shred the chicken and mix in the easy buffalo sauce. (You know this buffalo chicken recipe is easy – you’ve made it before! We know you have, because our Healthy Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches were one of our top recipes of 2014!)
While those yummy buffalo chicken flavors have their own little Super Bowl party in your crock pot, you whip up a Greek yogurt blue cheese dip. (You’re so graceful … literally gliding around your kitchen!)
Then, you artfully layer some whole grain tortilla chips, reduced-fat sharp cheddar, the buffalo chicken and that delectable blue cheese dip. (It’s really yummy … ) You lick the spoon. No one notices.
While your nachos bake, you have time to pull on your fave team’s jersey and do something fancy with your hair. Or pull it into a ponytail. Whatever you prefer.
When your guests arrive you toss some chopped celery and green onions on top, confetti-style. Your friends are so impressed.
And you don’t even chip a nail.
Snap! (Back to reality!)
But wait! That totally amazing and fantastical dream sequence can be your real life! Yes! This recipe is so wonderfully fast! It comes together in a flash.
Which is perfect because everyone will absolutely chow on these baked nachos … you may need to make another batch. Or five.
Just sayin’ …
Here are some more Super Bowl appetizer ideas you’ll love!
- Corn, Edamame and Quinoa Dip from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Chicken Meatballs in Plum Sauce from Diane at Created by Diane
- Mexican Fiesta Black Bean Hummus from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Shrimp Cocktail with Mexican Cocktail Sauce in Avocados from Christine at Cook the Story
- And be sure to check out our Top 10 Healthy Hot Appetizer Dips!
We’d Love to Hear From You!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. Email addresses are never published, and last names are optional. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment … you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our awesome recipe boards on Pinterest. You can also be the first to know about our latest posts by simply entering your email in the box at the top right corner of our page!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos (So Easy – Starting with Your Crock Pot!)
- 6 ounces whole grain tortilla chips (we used whole grain with flax tortilla chips and whole grain blue corn tortilla chips)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken (recipe here) (see note)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Additional reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles for garnish, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer half of the chips, half of the buffalo chicken (about ¾ cup), and half of the cheddar cheese on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, ¼ cup blue cheese, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Top nacho mixture with ¼ cup blue cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers, finishing with the rest of the blue cheese sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheddar is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle nachos with celery, green onions, and additional blue cheese crumbles, if using (or offer additional blue cheese on the side).
- Serve immediately.
by Two Healthy Kitchens
Buffalo Chicken recipe: To make the buffalo chicken for this recipe, follow the directions for our Healthy Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, all the way through step 6 (just omitting the step of serving the mixture on buns). You'll have enough chicken to make a couple of batches of these Buffalo Chicken Nachos, with a little leftover for a sandwich the next day. Or, make just one batch of these nachos and plan on great sandwiches from the leftovers for your lunch the rest of the week. Another idea: if you're hosting a big game day party or potluck get-together, use this recipe as a two-for-one, and complete your appetizer buffet by serving these Buffalo Chicken Nachos, and then using the extra buffalo chicken to also serve yummy little Buffalo Chicken Sliders. You know we love to give you options!