Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/pumpkin-pie-spiced-candied-pecans/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Candied Pecans
17-18 min. (plus cooling)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to combine (don’t worry that the sugar and salt won’t be completely dissolved). Set this at-the-ready, next to your stove, as this recipe goes really quickly.
- In a medium-large saucepan over medium heat, toast pecans for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When you begin to smell a lovely, nutty aroma, they’re done.
- Quickly drizzle the sugar mixture into the pan, on top of the pecans, stirring the nuts as you drizzle. Stir constantly for about 15 seconds, until the pecans are thoroughly coated in the sugar mixture. Immediately remove from heat so they don’t burn.
- Spread the pecans on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, you can break the nuts apart, if needed.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.