Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/no-bake-maple-walnut-oatmeal-snack-bites/
© 2014 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
No-Bake Maple-Walnut Oatmeal Snack Bites
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch (about 1/16 teaspoon) salt
- Place 1 cup walnuts in a mini food processor. Process, scraping sides occasionally, until the walnut butter is the consistency of natural peanut butter (about 2 minutes, depending on your processor). You should end up with approximately a scant ½ cup of walnut butter.
- Place walnut butter in a medium bowl and add all other ingredients (oats, flaxseed meal, dates, coconut, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, honey, vanilla, and salt). Stir very thoroughly to combine.
- Using your hands, press firmly to form one-inch balls.
- Place in air-tight container and refrigerate until serving.
These freeze well, so you may want to make extras.
If you are making big double- or triple-batches (or more!), don't worry if you don't have time to shape all the balls right after you mix the ingredients together. Just cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for several hours or even a few days, until you have more time to finish. You can also just grab little portions straight out of the mixing bowl for emergency snacking.