Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/mini-crustless-quiche-cups-sausage-cheese/
© 2016 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Mini Crustless Quiche Cups with Sausage and Cheese
- 8 eggs
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 links (about .8 ounces each) precooked turkey breakfast sausage, each cut into 16 thin slices
- 2/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- finely chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thoroughly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, onion powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Place 5-6 slices of sausage in the bottom of each muffin cup and divide cheese evenly among the 12 cups.
- Pour egg mixture on top of sausage and cheese, dividing evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until egg is set and the tops are just lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired (or see notes for refrigerating or freezing as a make-ahead).
Make-ahead tips: These Crustless Quiche Cups refrigerate and freeze (tightly wrapped) surprisingly well, so they're a great make-ahead breakfast option. To reheat from refrigerated, our microwave needed only about 18-20 second on full power to perfectly reheat 1 quiche cup. If reheating from frozen, microwaving on 50% power yields slightly better results. For our microwave, we reheated at 50% power for 80-90 seconds for 1 egg cup.