Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/grilled-chicken-marinade-with-lemon-and-garlic/
© 2015 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Grilled Chicken Marinade with Lemon and Garlic
7 min. (plus marinating time)
- chicken (see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- Pierce chicken several times with a fork, and place in a gallon zipper bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Add marinade to zipper bag, coating chicken well.
- Seal bag, being sure to remove all air.
- Massage marinade into chicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill; we recommend 4-8 hours.
- Grill chicken (see note).
- Serve as desired (with sliced lemon for garnish, alongside vegetables, on top of a salad, in a sandwich or wrap, etc.).
Chicken: We prefer using boneless, skinless chicken breasts with this marinade, and we find that this recipe works best for marinating about 1 - 1½ pounds of chicken.
Grilling chicken: Grill your marinated chicken until the chicken is cooked through but still tender and juicy, turning once during grilling. The exact grilling time for your chicken will vary depending on the cut of chicken you choose and the size and thickness of your chicken, as well as the temperature settings and power of your specific grill. Allow grilled chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving, to allow juices to redistribute.
Make-ahead option: If you want to prep this marinade even further in advance, you can mix the marinade ingredients together up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate, then stir again before adding the marinade to the chicken.