Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/fruit-rainbow-pot-gold-fun-breakfast-idea-kids/
© 2016 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Fruit Rainbow with a Pot of Gold (Fun Breakfast Idea for Kids!)
Fresh Fruit (suggestions for each color)
- Red – strawberries, red raspberries
- Orange – cantalope, clementines or mandarins, mango
- Yellow – pineapple, yellow raspberries
- Green – kiwi, green grapes, honeydew melon
- Blue/Indigo – blueberries, blackberries
- Violet – purple-hued red grapes or black grapes
- 1/2 whole-grain English muffin
- 1 egg
Orange Juice Sunshine
- Wash and prepare fruit, cutting into bite-sized pieces as needed. On a serving plate, arrange fruit into the shape of a rainbow in order of colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue/indigo, violet).
- Lightly toast English muffin and prepare egg. (You can cook the egg however your child prefers – sunny side up or over easy so that the yolk still looks yellow, or even scrambled.)
- Place English muffin at the bottom of the fruit rainbow as the "pot of gold" and place the cooked egg on top of the muffin. Alternately, you can place the egg muffin above the rainbow as the "sunshine."
- Serve immediately, with glass of orange juice (another option for creating a "sunshine"), if desired.