Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/easy-rosemary-roasted-potatoes/
© 2019 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Easy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper, stirring to ensure that potatoes are evenly coated and seasonings are evenly distributed. Transfer potatoes to a large, parchment-lined sheet pan, spreading them out so they aren't piled on each other. (If you prefer, you can toss the ingredients together directly on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Just be sure the oil and seasonings are evenly distributed.)
- Place potatoes in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and continue roasting for about 8-12 more minutes (I usually find 10 is a good amount for 1" potatoes), until they are cooked through and have developed some gorgeous roasted brown spots.
Red potatoes: There is a lot of variety in size, depending on exactly which red potatoes you purchase. Very small potatoes may simply need to be cut in half (like in the photos in this post), whereas larger potatoes might need to be cut into 4 or even 8 or 12 pieces to yield chunks that are roughly 1" in size. The most important thing is to keep all the pieces relatively similar in size, so that they all roast in the same amount of time.