Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/corn-edamame-and-quinoa-salad-with-lemon-dijon-vinaigrette/
© 2013 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
Corn, Edamame and Quinoa Salad with Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette
15 min. (plus chilling)
10-15 min. to cook quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 16-ounce can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (clarification update on 5/7/15: we use Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons smooth dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place water and quinoa in a small saucepan and prepare according to package directions (which will probably indicate that you will bring them to a boil and then simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is absorbed). NOTE: If your quinoa is not pre-rinsed, then before you add it to the saucepan, you will need to rinse it in a sieve, swishing it with your fingers until the water runs clear.
- Meanwhile, in a colander, rinse and drain the corn, black beans and edamame, just to wash away the liquid from the beans and help the edamame and corn to begin thawing. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add red pepper, cilantro, green onions, garlic and prepared quinoa.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard and olive oil in a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine and then pour over vegetable mixture.
- Chill for an hour or two before serving to allow the flavors to combine.