Posted by https://twohealthykitchens.com/4-ingredient-chicken-and-biscuits-homemade-dog-treats/
© 2016 Two Healthy Kitchens. All rights reserved.
4-Ingredient Chicken and Biscuits Homemade Dog Treats
12-14 min. (plus cooling)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (see note)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 5.3-ounce container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until thoroughly incorporated. Batter will be very thick and sticky.
- Drop batter by level tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. (Because these dog biscuits spread very little during baking, I crowd them together more than typical cookies, and get all of them onto 2 baking sheets.) Using the back of a spoon, flatten the dog treats slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire racks. Store in refrigerator or (for longer storage) in zippered freezer bags in freezer (thaw before serving).
Chicken: As discussed in the post, this recipe is an opportunity to use up leftover chicken, and we often utilize the bits of unused rotisserie chicken that we have left after making other recipes. Any cooked, chopped chicken will work for this recipe, but be very careful not to include any bones. Also, don't use too much of the fatty chicken skin, particularly if the skin has spicy seasonings or a lot of salt on it. Once you've finely chopped your leftover chicken for this recipe, you can pre-measure it and store it in a labeled, zippered freezer bag in your freezer until you have time to make this dog treat recipe.