When it comes to a perfect Thanksgiving dinner, we love a big, delicious feast as much as the next guy (or, well, the next gal …)
But we love two other things even more:
1) Spending time with our families, and
2) Having no regrets after that big, delicious meal!
Are you with us on this, friends???
If so, read on … because we’ve got
a bajillion 53 great side dish recipes that will help you do ALL of the above!
Yep – deliciously quick and easy Thanksgiving recipes that are healthier, too!
You’ll be out of the kitchen in a jiffy, with plenty of time to relax and enjoy your family …
You’ll have a gorgeous, bountiful feast to share …
And you’ll be thanking yourself when you realize how NOT-sorry you feel after a lavish (yet soooo much healthier!) Thanksgiving dinner!
In typical THK fashion, we scoured the ‘net and considered SO many great recipes … and we’re really happy to share some of our blogging buds’ best Thanksgiving side dish recipes that are THK-healthy, THK-easy … and also totally mouthwatering!
So, whether you need a last-minute Thanksgiving recipe to make right before you head to grandma’s house … or you’re in charge of making the entire feast on your own … we’ve got all the inspiration you need right here!
1) Lemony Green Beans from Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner
2) Green Bean Casserole from Scratch from Christine at Cook the Story
3) Roasted Green Beans with Balsamic-Browned Butter from Two Healthy Kitchens
4) Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas and Swiss Chard from Chantal at Vegetarian Gourmet
5) Toasted Coconut Green Beans from Lisa at Wine and Glue
6) Charred Green Beans with Garlic and Pomegranate Seeds from Davida at The Healthy Maven
7) Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon and Goat Cheese from Gina at Running to the Kitchen
1) Roasted Marsala Carrots from Trish at Mom on Timeout
2) Maple Glazed Carrots with Bacon from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
3) Easy Glazed Carrots from Jen at Yummy Healthy Easy
4) Carrot and Roasted Almond Salad from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
5) Bourbon & Honey Glazed Carrots from Gina at So … Let’s Hang Out
6) Cheesy Scalloped Carrots from Kate at i Heart Eating
7) Cumin Sautéed Carrots from Kelly at Tasting Page
8) Sautéed Carrots from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
9) Ombré Citrus and Thyme Roasted Carrot Skewers from Meg at Beard & Bonnet
10) Harvest Maple Carrots and Apples from Jane at The Heritage Cook
11) Simple & Sweet Honey Roasted Carrots from Krista at Joyful Healthy Eats
1) Kale Chopped Salad with Berries and Freekeh (or Quinoa) from Two Healthy Kitchens
2) Quinoa with Pecans and Raisins from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
3) Stuffins from Jocelyn at Inside Bru Crew Life
4) Persian Jeweled Rice from Sue at The View From Great Island
5) Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries from Anne at Fannetastic Food
6) Ants on a Log Stuffing from Amy at Amy’s Healthy Baking
1) Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Carla at Chocolate Moosey
2) Parmesan Roasted Broccoli from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
3) Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad from Tracey at The Kitchen is My Playground
4) Lemon Parmesan Broccoli from Julia at A Cedar Spoon
5) Maple, Balsamic, and Bacon Brussels Sprouts from Kate at i Heart Eating
6) Roasted Brussels Sprouts on The Stalk from Valerie at Mama Likes to Cook
1) Zucchini Tomato Gratin from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
2) Sautéed Zucchini with Walnuts from Kristin at Dizzy Busy and Hungry
3) Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Miriam at Overtime Cook
4) Salad with Goat Cheese, Pears, Candied Pecans and Maple-Balsamic Dressing from Two Healthy Kitchens
5) Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
6) Salad with Nuts, Feta and Cranberries (Two Ways!) from Two Healthy Kitchens
7) Collard Greens from Nancy at The Bitter Side of Sweet
8) Honey & Maple Roasted Parsnips from Erren at Erren’s Kitchen
9) Sweet Potato and Leeks with Honey from Sandi at Fearless Dining
1) Roasted Kabocha Squash with Pomegranate and Tahini from Autumn at Autumn Makes & Does
2) Acorn Squash with Rosemary and Walnuts from Erin at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
3) Butternut Squash and Spelt Salad with Goat Cheese and Toasted Almonds from Liz at The Lemon Bowl
4) Butternut Squash with Maple from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
5) Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic and Rosemary from Jen at Frugal Living Mom
6) Roasted Pumpkin with Maple Syrup and Apples from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
7) Butternut Squash Puree with Honey and Smoked Paprika from Liz at The Lemon Bowl
8) Apple and Nut Stuffed Acorn Squash from Brandy at Nutmeg Nanny
1) Apple Cranberry Sauce with Orange & Ginger from Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor
2) Hearty Fruit and Nut Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing from Two Healthy Kitchens
3) Healthier Sautéed Apples from Erin at Texanerin Baking
4) Cardamom Apple-Pearsauce from Lisa at Snappy Gourmet
5) Cranberry Mango Salsa from Valerie at Mama Likes to Cook
6) Honey Sweetened Orange Cranberry Sauce from Erin at Texanerin Baking
Want even MORE deliciously inspiring Thanksgiving recipes?
Check back on Thursday for our all-time favorite cranberry sauce recipe! It’s super easy (another 5-minute recipe, friends!) and healthy, too!
And, don’t forget to check us out on Pinterest! We’re curating a fantastic Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes board with lots of great ideas – from turkey recipes, to even more side dish recipes, to recipes for Thanksgiving desserts! You know we’ve got ya covered!
Wishing you a happy (and healthy!) Thanksgiving!
We’d Love to Hear From You!
We really value your feedback and love to answer your questions and hear how our recipes worked for you! Just head on down to the comment box located at the very bottom of this post. Email addresses are never published, and last names are optional. We can’t wait to hear from you!
And to make sure you don’t miss a single deliciously healthy moment … you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our awesome recipe boards (including that Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes board we mentioned!) on Pinterest. You can also be the first to know about our latest posts by simply entering your email in the box at the top right corner of our page!